Current Affairs 2018 : October 2018
- October 1, 2018, President Ram Nath Govind gives his assent to Karnataka’s 2016 “Good Samaritan Bill” and “ Medical Professional Bill”. It aims to Provide legal Protection to the good Samaritans in the State, who help accident Victims with emergency medical care in the golden hour.
- On 1-October-2018, Union Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas and Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Shri. Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurated the (SATAT) Sustainable alternative Towards affordable transportation to boost availability of more affordable transport Fuel with better usage of agricultural residue, solid waste, cattle dung.
- The Central Government has released the 1st installment amounting rs. 122 crore to Himachal Pradesh Government for rehabilitation measures due to heavy rain and snowfall on 29th-September-2018.
- The DGFT (The Directorate general of foreign trade) on 1st-October-2018, announced that the government allowed imports of pet coke, used for fuel purpose, by graphite electrode industry. The imports were allowed only four industries so far- cement, lime klin, calcium carbide, and gasification industries.
- The State cabinet of Madhya Pradesh approved the Proposal of Induction of Niwari district in the State ,On 30-September-2018. It has Become 52nd District of the State.
- Arvind Saxena, the Chairman of UPSC announced on 1st of October 2018, that the UPSC will allow the facility to withdrawal of application by candidates. This was announced on the occasion of the Foundation Day celebration in New Delhi.
- In Guwahati, on 2nd October 2018, Assam Chief Minister Sarbanda Sonowal Launched wage compensaton Scheme for Pregnant Womens to reduce Materal and Mortality in the Tea growing areas of the Assam State.
- The Odisha Government Launched its Food Security Scheme on 2nd October 2018. Under this Scheme, 18.32 Lakhs of Poor and eligible people will recive 5 kg of Rice at the rate of 1 rupee per kg. Adding to that, 6.68 lakhs people will be added in the list further in October 2018 itself.
- On 1st October 2018, The Agriculture Ministry has released 10th Agricultural Census 2015-16. It was first launched in 3rd February-2016. The Percentage of Female Operational Land holders has Increased from 12.79% in 2010-11 to 13.87% in 2015-16.
- On 2nd October-2018, Indian Railways has Launched its project “Utkrisht” to upgrade 140 rakes of Mail/Express trains in the first phase.The first train to have been revamped is: 12311/12312 Howrah-Kalka Mail of Eastern Railway which was colored beige and maroon.
- In October 2018, Union Minister for Micro small and Medium enterprises, shri Giriraj singh inaugurated a month long- National Khadi Festival 2018 in Mumbai to Promote Khadi Products.
- On 29thSeptember-2018, The National Real Estate Development Council (NAREDCO) signed an Mau with the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs for training of 2.5 lakh urban poor in the construction sector. This will be implemented under Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana-National Urban Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NULM).
- IIT Kharagpur was Named as the national coordinating institute of the scheme for promotion of academic and research collaboration (SPARC) Under The Ministry of Human resource development. The Ministry also launched a dedicated web Portal for SPARC- sparc.iitkgp.ac.in , which will be active from October 4 to November 15.
YUVA NESTAM Launched in Andhra Capital of Amravati on Gandhi Jayanti :
- The Andhra Pradesh CM, N chandrababu Naidu Launched the “Mukhyamantri Yuva Nestham”, scheme in Amaravati . According to the scheme, an amount of rs. 1000 will be given as monthly unemployment allowance to eligible jobless youth of the state.
- Manipur Chief Minister N Biren Singh declared Manipur as the 23rd state in the country to become Open Defecation Free (ODF) in India. It is the 5th North-Eastern state to get the tag.
- A Joint exercise of Sahyog-Hop Tac-2018, on 3rd October 2018, commenced off Chennai coast between Vietnam and India. In this bilateral exercise, Vietnam coast Guard Ship CSB 8001 tool part in it or the first time.